Well folks, it's that time of year... the holidays are upon us and just as I predicted, I wish I were going home for the holidays. I told myself that I would be ok, that I didn't need to go home this Christmas, but now more than ever, I am wishing I would've gone home. Knowing that all my family will be gathering in a couple days and celebrating together, makes me wish I could be apart of it. Instead i'll be home during the day, and working in the evening. Christmas day i've been invited over to a friends house, (a nurse I work with) which I appreciate so much, but nothing beats being with family. I chose not to go home because at the time when I made the decision, plane tickets were about $800... so I commited to working over the holidays... now, tickets are less than $400. But now that i've told the hospital i'd work... i'd feel terrible for not going in. On some level I want to say "forget work, they haven't done anything for me, and aren't doing anything for me when I graduate!" but I know that's not the right mindset to have... even if deep down, that's really how I feel. So I dont know. Even if I did go home now, it would only be for a few days. I've commited to a lot of hours this holiday season, and it would be unprofessional of me to call in. But for all my friends and family back home... I miss you terribly, and would like nothing more than to be with you this week. Hopefully I see you all soon!
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment