Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Clinicals

Just a note on my day today... I went to clinicals today to do my rotation in the CardioVascular Intensive Care Unit... when I showed up, a doc was sitting talking about the surgery he had to do today; so i kindly asked if I could observe (having no idea exactly what type of surgery it was.) He said of course and they took me to scrub up and change and stuff... so as i'm walking into the OR I decide to ask exactly what I was going to be watching... the guy looks at me and says
open heart surgery!
OH MY GOODNESS!! That was the craziest thing i've ever seen!!! The heart and lungs look nothing like I was imagining them to look like! It was so awesome to see, but my back is killing me from standing in one place for 5.5hours! But the lady that had the surgery is probably in more pain than me right now, so i'll survive!!
Anyway! I just had to share because it was so awesome!
Oh, and, I got to place an NG-tube (the tube that goes down your nose and into your stomach to decompress it and so they don't vomit) for the first time on a real person today! So that was cool too!!!

No comments:

January 2013....Such a sweet and intimate moment for our familiy. A moment I will never forget...