Sunday, October 19, 2008

Thank You Cards

So last night when I got home from work I had a package on my door step! It was from Jon and he was sending a few things home that he didn't need out there along with over 50 cards from different kids around our country that he wanted me to put in a book!! I sat and read EVERY card last night! I was so touched by these cards that these kids made. Some were very sweet and thoughtful, and some just made me literally laugh out loud!! I wanted to share a few excerpts out of some of these cards... (i'm not correcting their spelling! haha)

"Dear Soldier,

It must be hard being away from your family. Do you like the Lakers? If you don't you will be happy. if you do like them you'll be mad because this is one of their worst seasons because they are losing almost every game. -Lizzy"

"Dear Soldier,

A lot of exciting things are happening since you were gone. One thing is that gas prices went up. We are going to have a new president. It's between John McCain, Barrak Obama, and Hilary Clinton. -Drew"

"Dear Soldier,

Here is a joke for you. Why did the turtle cross the road? To get to the shell station. - Taylor"

No comments:

January 2013....Such a sweet and intimate moment for our familiy. A moment I will never forget...