Friday, March 27, 2009

ALS Graduation

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!.....
I PROUDLY PRESENT, SSGT JONATHAN MCATEE!!!!!!Wednesday night was Jon's ALS Graduation Ceremony. It was a really neat experience to get to be there by his side and to hear all the wonderful things people had to say about him. Almost every person I was introduced to that night bragged about him, saying how hard of a worker he was and how much they enjoyed having him in their class. This night Jon was nominated by his class, along with 2 other people, for a Leadership Award. Jon and the other two people had an interview with the big hancho of the ALS program and from there, she made her decision on who was to receive this award. Unfortunately, Jon didn't receive the award itself, but felt honored just to be nominated for it. At the end of the ceremony, it was announced that the Eglin AFB ALS Program had just been announced the best ALS program in the USAF. So it was a really neat thing for Jon to walk away from, knowing that he had the best instructors and that he learned and did more than any other ALS program in the Air Force.
Overall, we had tons of fun getting all dressed up and visiting with people all night. I am so blessed to be standing by his side through all this. I am so proud of him! I know he will go far in anything he does! I love you, Jon!

No comments:

January 2013....Such a sweet and intimate moment for our familiy. A moment I will never forget...