Saturday, March 3, 2012

Projects

I'm probably one of the worst one when it comes to starting a BIG project and not getting it done...mainly because I get lazy because it ends up being more work than I thought it was going to be. HOWEVER! Today at Lowes I discovered this magical paint primer that you can apply to stained objects without sanding! JUST what I need!!! Sanding objects is like torture to me...even with the automatic sander it still takes forever. One object we started sanding when we are all hyped up on projects was a coffee table that was handed down to us from my parents-- and that was handed down to my parents prior to that from family. So it really needed a good refinishing. Once we started sanding though, we quickly stopped because we realized how big of a project it was really gunna be. So with a tire sized sanded spot on top, this coffee table has been sitting in the garage for about 2 years. But today, I busted out that same coffee table and applied the first layer of this amazing primer! It obviously needs another coat and I need to finish coating the legs once it dries...but i'm SO excited to get this thing finished!!! I forgot to take a before picture but here's what I got done today! I'll definitely post pics along the way though! ;)

January 2013....Such a sweet and intimate moment for our familiy. A moment I will never forget...