Sunday, July 21, 2013

Getting closer...

As we head into a new week we are literally days away from this move becoming reality. Next week our mover's come for our first shipment. This entails about 900 lbs of the stuff we will want right away. Basically stuff that gets there faster as it is shipped by air and not boat! So about a week ago I made a list of some of the "basics" that I imagine we will want right away...pillows, pots, pans, hangers, shower curtain...etc. all the big furniture and stuff will come much later. Since Jon doesn't have any days off before the packers show up, we opted to get a head start on it all today...
We figured if we put everything in one room, we can just direct the packers into one place, rather than scramble all over the house that day and get something we don't need, or forget something we do. So the toy room is now packing central. May not seem like much, but we are just getting started. I imagine our 900 lbs will go fast! haha. Thankfully my mama is coming in this week to help!
Hope everyone is doing well. I know we haven't been the best at keeping in touch lately. As August approaches we become more and more crazy. School will come to an end around August 11 and start up again around the 26th. So much to do! So little time!

January 2013....Such a sweet and intimate moment for our familiy. A moment I will never forget...