Thursday, July 4, 2013

Let Freedom Ring

This time one year ago, my sweet husband was deployed to Afghanistan, fighting for the very thing we celebrate on this day. I'm so proud of him and all he has done and sacrificed for this nation. I'm also so grateful for all of the other families who are without their loved ones as they are overseas defending our country. I thought of them often today and prayed for their comfort as they celebrate another holiday without their loved one. So often we get caught up in the BBQs, fireworks, and having the day off, when really this day represents so much more. With that said, I soaked up every moment of having my dear husband by my side today. We didn't do anything crazy special, but just having him home was perfect. We didn't grill or anything, in fact he had a PB&J, I had spaghetti, and Logan had a hot dog! ha ha. But at the end of our evening we gathered outside with our neighbors watching and lit the few fireworks we did buy. Logan got to stay up past his bedtime and throw "poppers" (which he absolutely LOVED) and watched as we set off our bigger fireworks. He was such a happy baby and was in such a good mood for it all. It was beyond perfect.
 
 
On that note, here is a sweet picture of our precious baby boy. So hard to believe this little ball of cuteness is going to be 2 next week. I just can't imagine a day without him. I hope you all had a safe and wonderful 4th of July. Happy Independence Day! :)

January 2013....Such a sweet and intimate moment for our familiy. A moment I will never forget...